Saturday, May 31, 2008

New bike!

Bike shops make me nervous. I think it's cause even after 100 miles in one day, I still feel pretty clueless about bikes. I mix up my down tube and my down bars. I'm never sure what it means to go up or down a gear (especially depending on whether it's on the front or the back gears). So I've been dragging my feet about buying a new bike. I want a new bike, but all those decisions, trying to find a good price, a trustworthy mechanic, an upgrade from my old bike, but not too much bike that people look at me and think, "What's that girl doing on such a nice bike?" It's all been a bit too much. But with my extended holiday coming to a close(work starts on Monday), I needed to get moving.

I've checked out 3 bike shops that are in walking distance of my house. Is it so wrong that bike shop I eventually bought the bike from was the one that didn't make me nervous? It was also the only shop to discount the bike price. And the most affordable bike overall.

Here she is, my new bike:

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RCS3C.htm
I've ordered it in black. But it's a clear coat that shows the carbon fiber. She should be here, built and fitted by next weekend! Hooray, bike! Any name recommendations?

1 comments:

Jon June 4, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

I can't think of anything at the moment; naming my bike Lauryn Hill was easy because it's a Fuji [drum hit.wav].

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Photo by Jaredflo

Back to TOP